Alkemia Part 3

This is another backlog post! That means it's not fancy with pictures and stuff like my other posts, just here for reference. A lot of these products are discontinued.

These are the last part of a large bundle of Alkemia perfumes I purchased secondhand from another IMAMer. Enjoy!

Miel De Sauvage Et Tabac

"Sweet, spicy pipe tobacco flecked with wild honey, freshly crushed honeycomb, the pollen of forest blossoms, and smoked black amber."

Me: In bottle: Intensely dark herbs with a layer of something sharp and fruity. On my skin: Ugh... dark herbs. Dark, sour herbs.
Bf: In bottle: Smells like those healthy fruit rollups. *searching up healthy fruit rollups* It smells like Jovy fruit rolls.
RM: In bottle: Nah, smells like pot-pourri. Julie, all your shit smells like pot-pourri. Like, it's either pot-pourri or its... what it's called... furniture. Now it smells like mosquito repellant. On her skin: Okay this one just stank.

Midnight Garden

"A lunar intoxication of night-flowering white flowers – tuberose (flower of dangerous pleasures), lily (flower of majestic beauty), honeysuckle (flower of binding love), gardenia (flower of secret passions) and moonflower (flower that inspires dreams of love)."

Me: In bottle: Smells like flowery shampoo that I used at some point. Dove shampoo maybe? But not soapy. Not bad! On my skin: Very warm floral. It's taken on a sunblock-y note, which is probably why it smells warm. It's not unpleasant though. Simple.
Bf: In bottle: Not a huge fan of this one. Axe body wash.
RM: In bottle: No it doesn't! (Bf: Oh, but it do.) No, it smells fine. (Bf: Then you crazy.) It smells fine! It smells like flowers. On her skin: It smells like... rosemary? And like, roses. Oh now it just smells like Lysol...air freshener that you spray in the toilet. And it has the toilet smell too. I smell just like a toilet, dammit.

Vixen

"A captivatingly shapeshifting blend of sexy white amber and luminous late summer night blooming florals awakened by warm caresses of autumnal spice, golden musk, varietal apple peel, sugar pumpkin, jasmine tea, and a whisper of woodland mosses."

Me: In bottle: Cinnamon and cake! Very sweet cake. Almost marzipan like. On my skin: Cinnamon candies that aren't terribly sweet. The cake is basically gone. Tickles my nose. There's something dark anchoring it, but that might be the Tabac that's close by.
Bf: In bottle: Hmmm... I'm thinking you stop buying stuff that people are destashing.
RM: In bottle: Okay this smells like... pumpkins. Smells like shitty pumpkin dough. Like it smells like my cinnamon rolls...that never rised. Rosed. Rose. My cinnamon rolls that never rose. Yeah! And I had to keep eating them because the heat wasn't evenly distributed because it didn't rise, so there were no air pockets and there were parts that were completely raw and I had to eat that. And I made 40 of them. I was pretty sick by the end of the week. Maybe if I put it on my skin, it will be warmer cinnamon rolls. On her skin: Nope, still shitty.

Hex

"A powerfully sexy conjuration of frangipani and night-blooming Moroccan flowers, all-spice, black tea, Madagascar vanilla, Tonka, sweet benzoin resin, black amber, frankincense, vetiver, and a caress of patchouli. Complex. Arousing."

Me: In bottle: Um. It is masculine. Kinda smells like cologne. No pickles here. On my skin, layered with Miel De Sauvage Et Tabac: whoops, it got completely drowned out by the Tabac >< Not smelling good right now.
Bf: In bottle: This one smells like pickles.
RM: In bottle: What the fuck, that would just smell like vinegar. Okay, maybe you're a little bit right. Mosquito repellant. And pickles. On her skin: Oh, but if you mix it with the shitty smelling one, it smells fine. Check it out. Experimentation. Two shitty smells combined don't always make shitty smelling things!

Madam X

"An homage to unsettling, eccentric, irresistible beauty - bergamot, mandarin, dark violet, Italian iris, black orchid, Japanese incense, orris root, sueded musk, white sandalwood, Tahitian vanilla, and pale patchouli."

Me: In bottle: Very classic, clean, aquatic scent. (RM: but not like, penguin poop aquatic. Me: ....No.) On my skin: Didn't change very much. Clean aquatic! Simple, with a touch of floral. Quite nice.
Bf: In bottle: Hmmm. HMMMM. HMMMMM. Actually, I'm just happy my code passed. It smells like...something... I can't even think right now, my code just passed.
RM: In bottle: Oh I like it. It smells like water. *laughing* What the fuck. Wait no, something's confusing it. I think it's the shitty cinnabun. Oh fuck, it's the shitty cinnabun that's ruining everything. On her skin: It smells just like... nevermind, it smells like poop. No wait, nevermind, it smells good. It's mostly ethereal... it's not herby, it's not musky, it's just very light. And. Poopy. Be warned, there's an aftersmell of poop for some reason. Yeah it smells like fuschias. But less shitty fuschias because I hate fuschia smells.

Arabesque

"An exquisitely spiritual blend of beautifully aged Arabian sandalwood, Mysore sandalwood, precious Egyptian kyphi, sweet orris root, benzoin resin, cassia, and blessed spikenard."

Me: In bottle: Sweet. I'm getting the powdered sugar, and a teeny bit of vanilla cake. On my skin: Sweet floating on top, with a base that smells faintly of Chinese herbs that I am obsessed with smelling. It's very weird, and kinda makes me want to cough.
Bf: In bottle: Mmmm. Smells like lemon girl scout cookies. No, it actually really does.
RM: In bottle: What the fuck, I don't want to smell it if it smells like food. It smells like moldy pot-pourri. On her skin: Moldy pot-pourri and powdered sugar. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment