Darling Clandestine Falloween 2014

This is another backlog post! That means it's not fancy with pictures and stuff like my other posts, just here for reference. A lot of these products are discontinued/past limited edition. Also this is about the point where the BF refused to smell these anymore, what a pisspot.

These are part of a bitsy purchase from Darling Clandestine during her Falloween 2014 release. Enjoy!

Tiny Ice Bees

"I wove a wisp of damp silk—crisp, delicate, ozoney, watery—with a subtle splash of pineapple and tart green orange and grapefruit. No honey. Come on; that’s predictable. This is a thing that happened in the dead of terrible winter."

Me: In bottle: Very fruity. Almost like tropical skittles. There's something underneath that isn't fruit... it reminds me of the mall. On my skin: The vague fruity turns melon-y. And then back to skittles. Very sweet.
RM: In bottle: Eh, I like it. It smells like a flower. A freshly cut flower. Like snipped... from whatever the fuck. On her skin: Annnnd it smells like plant. Actually I don't mind it too much once the plant smell wears off.

Squander

"Deep and decadent, with rich fruitful notes including clove and nutmeg and sandalwood and ripe red apple."

Me: In bottle: It took me a few sniffs to figure out what I was smelling, but I think now that it must be a variant of the dried flowers section at Michaels, though it's heavily masked by something sweet and fruity. A sour fruit. On skin: When wet, it's a pretty strong straight up AUTUMN!! smell. I think a lot of people associate autumn smells with that kinda dry leaves, baking, and spices smell, but I'm not very into that shiz. When dry, it's a really warm apple spice cake, mostly spices. It's comforting and pleasant, but I don't think it suits me.
RM: In bottle: EW. It smells funny. On her skin: Mnnnnn. It smells like somebody's house. Like, just.. a white person's house. Maybe it's just pot-pourri.

The Moon is Leaving for the Wheels

"This fragrance is the tang of tawny dead grasses, parched by sunset, dampened by first frost. Brooding vetiver, ripe blackberries, sweet Melissa, shy mosses, pettigrain twist."

Me: In bottle: Sweet and dry. Smells like... chocolate? Very light, fruity chocolate. Very very interesting.
RM: In bottle: This just smells like total apothecary. Ginseng. Pot-pourri. Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment