Tilt/Shift Eyeshadow Swatches

A.K.A My New Years resolution is to actually swatch the hoard! Hey guys, hope you all had hols full of much cheer and responsible bev indulging. I myself went snowboarding with the boyf and company five years since I last snowboarded, resulting in many a bruised buttock.

Wow, are fumes really taking a backseat to facepaints?? Indeed so, for I have basically given up on smells. Except Cocoa Pink. I need some Cocoa Pink in my life after I've finished my Lush hair stockpile (can't just throw money away, even if it is a couple months expired).

Anyways, this is my widdle Tilt/Shift haul from their very first collection. The tough thing about swatching during the holidays is that links will be nonexistent due to closed stores, but I will try my best.


The golden stickers may be the best things evar. 


Customer Service
I ordered on (embarrassingly long time ago) July 27th, 2014. On August 11th, I received an email informing me that my order was delayed due to the surprisingly large number of sales, and I was cool with that because Niamh was very honest and transparent about it. Also helped that she offered to toss in a freebie for compensation :D. My order shipped 8/21/14, and I received it who-knows-when-I-am-a-bad-person-and-do-not-keep-track-of-such-things.

My Order
I purchased the Big Bang eyeshadow collection in sample sizes, as well as sample sizes of several of their available lipsticks, and a full size of the COTM, Supernova. The lip stuff I will have to save for another time because my lips are dry and unstable :(.


Wau snek pek


Personally I think the shadows applied just fine, though I am a first time swatcher, so any streaking and uneven application definitely must be attributed to my nubbishness. These were applied over DG Primped and Primed (left) and DG Glitter Glue (right) for the first five shadows, then just GG for the rest because I am donkey dung with PP. I also considered doing them in the order of the actual planets themselves, but whatever, they look good like this too. Enjoy the swatchfest!

Tilt/Shift Cosmetics

Big Bang Collection



Left - Under florescent light, Right - Under natural light.
Top to bottom - Earth, Jupiter, Neptune, Venus, Blood Moon


Earth
Earth is a jade green with light green shift, blue, gold, and bronze shimmer.
One of my favorites c: 

Jupiter
Jupiter has a blackened green base that shines a deep teal with bronze sparks.
This is one is great as a liner too!

Neptune
Neptune is a periwinkle blue with a lilac shift and champagne sparks.



Mercury
Mercury has a pale lilac base with yellow gold sparkle. 
Not so pale and lilac over GG, but it comes out in the shift.

Blood Moon

Blood Moon is a taupe/grey with strong pink/purple shift and gold sparks.
This one showed up a lot more red than pink or purple. Lovely gold sparks. Ugh, sorry about the shoddy application.


Left - Under florescent light, Right - Under natural light. At this point I had somewhat gotten the hang of smearing the GG about.
Top to bottom: Mars, Venus, Moon, Pluto, Saturn




Mars
Mars is a terracotta red/brown with red sheen
Oh, but its so much more that just that >:D. Truly amazeballs deep brown/black base with a gorgeous burgundy sheen. Another favorite.

Venus
Venus is a deep orange/bronze with red shift and copper shimmer. 
Not really getting a ton of orange/bronze, but a solid red nonetheless.

Moon
Moon is a deep golden taupey-brown with slight pink/purple shift and gold sparks. 
Ohoho my favorite. This is going all over my eyes oh yes mmmfmfmfm. 



Pluto
Pluto has a shimmering metallic gold base with blue and gold sparks.

Saturn
Saturn is a metallic gold/olive green with slight green/blue shimmer 



Left - Under florescent light, Right - Under natural light. Forgot to do this one the day I swatched all the others, so I had to do it another day under darker lighting conditions, whoops.

Uranus
Uranus is a light teal with light blue shift and silver and champagne sparks.


~~Conclusion~~

I found these pretty easy to apply over Glitter Glue, which basically keeps the many glitter bits in place, as it should. Also very glad and relieved that my first real swatches turned out decent! Hopefully I can learn to commandeer pop's Nikon D7000 (and purchase a macro lens?) as well as swatch onto my left arm qq (lefties just don't get a break, do they :c ). My next challenge is to do looks with all these colors now that I know what I'm working with.

Cheers!




0 comments:

Post a Comment