My First FOTN

This blog post is brought to you by: Potatocam.

I have never put on eyeshadow with my own paws ('course, I've had people put eyeshadow on me because I was not allowed to go to prom/perform on stage without makeup on blah blah blah). Not until I discovered IMAM, dug myself into a huge eyeshadow hole by purchasing over 250 different samples and depotting them into cute lil jars, and bought everything I needed to help them adhere to my face. So of course, now I have to wear them or acknowledge that I am a huge waste of money.

So I was super nervous when applying the things. I followed /u/mentlegens awesome amazing tutorial because it's kind of hard to find tutorials for Asian eyes that use color in a way that doesn't scream "I'M READY TO GET TURNT AT THE CLUB WIT MY GURLS" (not that I have anything against girls ready to get turnt at the club-- I just rarely have time to do so). Also because I wanted /u/mentlegens to hold my hand through this scary process. We don't have the same eye shape, but I figured it was close enough. Anyways, enough blabbing. Time for the scary reveal:

 
It's not even fancy or anything I am just drama.

I put lipstick on at first but then I looked like I worked the corner.

Ta-da! Okay so here's what I used:
  • Darling Girl Primped and Primed primer all over the lid -- This stuff is AMAZEBALLS. My routine before whenever I had to (forced to) put on eyeliner was to rub on some moisturizer and beg my eyeliner to dry faster. Of course, beggars can't be choosers and I'd just end up with little black lines all over my wrinkly folded lids. But this stuff. THIS STUFF. Everything stays where it has to. Always. I think it also kept the eyeliner from feathering too much too. I'm a believer. 
  • L'oréal Paris Lineur Intense in Carbon Black as liner -- I have DG's Superstar Serum, but I'm taking things one step at a time. 
  • Tilt/Shift Saturn all over lid -- Nice antique gold sort of color. Not sure if it suits my coloring, probably would be better if I used a sticky base (I have DG's Glitter Glue too... but my body is not ready).
It looks pretty when I use filters though

  • Tilt/Shift Moon right above liner -- reddish bronze; I may have put too little on to make much of a difference.
  • Tilt/Shift Uranus on outer corner and lower lid -- I have no idea how to pair colors even after watching that color theory stuff yay! I think I extended it too much and now the look is too weird for day?
Top: Moon, Right: Saturn, Left: Uranus


More potatocamwhoring

Critiques and comments are more than welcome! My metaphorically thick and blunt skin is ready to take constructive beating. Boyfriend has already expressed that, apart from the fact that he isn't a big fan of makeup to begin with, it looks a little too fancy a face to go with the pajamas I'm wearing. 

Filters are great, aren't they? No foundation/concealer/beige paints because I don't own those things.

Okay, 'nuff of my face. Thanks for stopping by even though RM and Boyf aren't here to provide input on how they felt after inhaling these powders off of a cell phone through a paper tube. I've got a ton of swatches to do that are so belated (Tilt/Shift, Notoriously Morbid, Aromaleigh, Hello Waffle, etc etc etc) and a ton of coding and midterms, so keep a peeper out for a gander at those, maybe. 

Cheers!





  

0 comments:

Post a Comment