Solstice Scents Review

Part two of my first indie perfume haul from /u/hannahpancakes. I've been out of commission for a while (but still going through all my smells!) because of midterms and finals (so...so...bad...), but finally I've got this review out. Again, boyfriend had his take on everything, most of which was his face scrunching up in mock horror. Featuring guest friend E


Have a picture of pie because I love pie. This wasn't the best pie, though.

Solstice Scents

Heart of the Night

Moroccan & Bulgarian Rose, Chocolate, Vanilla, EotN Base
Me: In the bottle: chocolate candles. On my skin: chocolate and roses... which sounds great, but I had a headache for the first 40-50 minutes of this, and afterwards I just scrubbed it off. So far I've really wanted to like anything chocolate because I love chocolate, but they just don't work on me. They all end up smelling like Hersheys, and I make a point of not eating those because I'm such a chocolate snob now (tcho has ruined me). 
BF: In the bottle- "rank butthole." On my skin- "slightly less rank butthole." "Rank butthole" is just his placeholder phrase for "I don't know how to describe my experiences with words, much like anyone under the age of 1.5", but the funny thing is that us smelling out of the bottles and me applying to my skin was about 2-3 weeks apart, and he hadn't remembered what he said for the bottle at all. 

Jack and the Devil: Not Available

Vanilla, Tobacco, Oakmoss, Amber, Patchouli, Sweet Pumpkin & Soft Spice
Me: In the bottle: dried flowers section of Michaels. On my skin: incense. Okay so I'm actually super crappy and didn't take down many notes when I put this one on, but I just remember that I don't like it. Sorry! Makes me sad because it sounds so tasty in the notes.
BF: Like a candle. Vanilla candle. 

Cocoa Absolute:

Natural Single Note Chocolate
Me: In the bottle: Chocolate! M&Ms. On skin: more M&M's... after a while it smelled a little like hot chocolate mix. Again, I've been ruined for chocolate and this was probably the one used in Heart of the Night, so I wasn't terribly fond of this.
E: Smells like cheap chocolate.

Pink Sugar: Discontinued

It smells like cotton candy & sweet melted sugar! This perfume is a dupe based off of the Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume. It is light and playful and has notes of lemon, vanilla, caramel, cotton candy, and more...Absolute heaven! 
Me: In bottle: very girly... it smells like what pink would smell like if it were a color. On my skin: very sweet, very soapy. I noticed that I tend to amp up soap even when there is none :(. 
BF: In the bottle: Prepubescent hormones mixed with One Direction CDs. On my skin: like those lemon cookies.  

Snowmint Mallow: Not Available

Peppermint, Vanilla Cake, Flaked Coconut, Sugar Cookies & Marshmallow Creme.
Me: In bottle: Coconut and vanilla. On my skin: There was a lot of vanilla and coconut and a hint of mint and at first it was a bit too much. But after a while it cooled down and was just sweet and yes, marshmallow like! The mint went away pretty quickly. My skin hates mint. This one is part of the winter collection and so is not available anymore, though I'm not sure I would have picked up a bottle of it anyways.
BF: Vanilla and flowers.

So... I am super super picky. Still on the lookout for something to love! Also trying to reduce the number of ellipses I use whoops. 

BF's final take: "Are these girls like, 'Can we mix the stinkiest things together and maybe they will make something not so stinky?'" He is not a fan. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment